So I saw the last Jedi again today. And it's a good movie.
It was also a sleeper literally.
I feel asleep both times I saw it.
As a sci-fi fan, the movie was shaite. It was shit. It made no sense.
Call me old but the most important part of a movie is the plot-- not political propaganda of any stripe.
However, there many problems with it. Yes, here comes the haterade. It was not good as far as Star Wars movies go.
Here are the problems:
1. Luke dies for no reason. Who trains Rey? The Force itself? Master Yoda? That was a terrible idea. So Ben gets to live as a whining simp of a Sith, but Master Luke dies.
That was a horrendous idea. The writer must hate Star Wars. It was bad enough they killed Han Solo last picture.
2. The love story between Finn and Rey disappears-- with Rey becoming his side bitch. Terrible idea. There was no need to add a love triangle. Han Solo gave Finn love advice and he miraculously no longer loves Rey.
That makes no sense and it is not in line with the first movie. GET IT TOGETHER.
3. the script was horrendous. I feel asleep the first time I saw it last week, because I really couldn't deal with all the poor plot artifices.
4. There were too many side plots. The best thing about the one percenter planet episode was Benicio Del Toro because he's an amazing actor. The rest of it was shit.
5. Disney. I knew Disney was going to fuck it up and they did not disappoint me with their poor direction and two-dimensional approach to
6. The Ben wants Rey angle was weak. It's blame to see he is the regular victimizer abusive husband type.
7. Finn is always portrayed as being a bit weak, as a fighter and as a man. Continuing that bit of the character into the second movie was lame.
8. Po is annoying. His character is wooden and plastic. He got more screen time than the main two characters.
Get it together. That was a good movie as far as just being a movie, but as far as Star Wars movies. It was a big letdown.
Get it together.
The picture was shot by David Holt at London screening.