When you don't feel motivated, it can be tough to get started on anything. You may feel like you're stuck in a rut and that there's no way out. But that's not true! The Bible has many scriptures that can help motivate you to take action. In this blog post, we will list 10 of our favorite scriptures to read when you don't feel motivated. We hope they will encourage and empower you to take steps forward in your life!
1.Proverbs 16:24- "The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty."
This scripture reminds us that if we want to be successful, we need to be diligent in our efforts. We can't just half-heartedly try something and expect results. We need to put in the hard work and have patience. When we are motivated by our goals, it will be easier to stick with our plans and see them through to completion.
2. Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
This is a great scripture for when you're feeling overwhelmed or like you can't do something. It reminds us that with God's help, we can accomplish anything. When we rely on His strength, we will be amazed at what we can achieve.
3. Proverbs 22:29- "Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men."
This scripture is a great reminder that our hard work will pay off. If we are diligent and put forth our best effort, we will be rewarded with success. This doesn't mean that things will always be easy, but it does mean that our efforts will not go unnoticed. We need to keep this in mind when we're feeling discouraged and like our work is for nothing.
4. Matthew 25:21- "His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'"
This scripture is a great reminder that our faithfulness will be rewarded. When we are dedicated to our work and serve others well, we will be rewarded with greater responsibility. This is something to keep in mind when we feel like we're stuck in a dead-end job or like our current situation isn't going anywhere. Keep serving faithfully and joyfully, and better things will come your way.
5. Luke 12:48- "But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating."
This scripture reminds us that ignorance is not an excuse for sin. We will be held accountable for our actions, even if we didn't know any better. This is a good reminder to stay away from things that we know are wrong and to always try to do what is right.
6. Proverbs 13:11- "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it."
This scripture is a great reminder that we need to be patient when it comes to wealth. If we try to get rich quick, it will only backfire on us. But if we slowly and steadily work towards our goals, we will eventually achieve them. This is a good reminder when we're feeling impatient and like we're not making enough progress.
7. Proverbs 14:23- "In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty."
This scripture is a great reminder that hard work always pays off. It's easy to sit around and talk about what we want to do, but it's much harder to actually do it. If we're not willing to put in the hard work, we will never achieve our goals. This is a good reminder when we're feeling lazy and like we don't want to do anything.
8. Proverbs 16:31- "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life."
This scripture is a great reminder that wisdom comes with age. As we get older, we should strive to live a righteous life. We will be rewarded with wisdom and knowledge if we do. This is a good reminder when we're feeling like we're too young or inexperienced to do something.
9. Proverbs 19:17- "Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed."
This scripture is a great reminder that generosity is always rewarded. When we help others, God will bless us in return. This is a good reminder when we're feeling stingy or like we don't have enough to give.
10. Proverbs 22:15- "Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him."
This scripture is a great reminder that discipline is important. It's easy to let our children get away with things, but if we don't discipline them, they will only get worse. This is a good reminder when we're feeling like we're too lenient or like our children are out of control.