Do you worry too much?
If you do, you're not alone. Millions of people worry about things that they have no control over and it ends up ruining their lives. Worry is a type of fear and it's one of the most destructive emotions that we can experience. It's rooted in our desire to play god and take control of situations that are out of our hands. In this blog post, we will discuss the dangers of worry and how to stop letting it take over your life!
- worry kills more dreams than failure ever will. worry is the ultimate dream killer! worry is a byproduct of fear, and it's one of the most destructive emotions that we can experience. worry drains us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually because it makes us feel helpless over circumstances or situations that are out of our control. Worrying about things that we cannot change or control will not make them any better. In fact, it will only make us feel more stressed and anxious. The Bible says "do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" (Matthew: 06-25). When we worry, we are telling God that we don't trust Him to take care of us. We are putting ourselves in a position of control and trying to do things our way. This is not the path to happiness or peace!
- worry robs us of our joy. One of the biggest dangers of worry is that it robs us of our joy! Worrying can keep us from experiencing the happiness we deserve in life. It gives worry more power than God, and this leads to depression or anxiety disorders like Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Attacks, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD) just to name a few. The Bible says "do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians: 04-06-07). When we worry, we are not living in the present moment. We are focused on the future, and this can lead to a lot of pain and suffering.
Worry is like sin. It starts off small and then grows into something bigger and more powerful than ourselves. Worry is a type of fear, one that makes us worry about the future or worry about things we cannot control in life. When worry takes over our lives, it will rob us of joy because we are not living in the present moment!
- worry steals our peace. Another danger of worry is that it steals our peace! When we are constantly worried about things, our minds are never at rest. We can't enjoy life when we're always worrying about the future. The Bible says "you will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you" (Isaiah: 26-03).
Worry is like remorse. It's rooted in Fear, herself. The worry is not about the future or what will happen next to you. It's rooted in regret for something that already has happened, and fear of it happening again! Worrying about things we cannot control only makes us more stressed out because our minds are constantly spinning with worry instead of resting at peace.
- worry robs us of our power. worry robs us of our power! worry is like a thief in the night who creeps up on us and steals from us without even knowing it. worry takes away any hope we might have for change or improvement because by worrying about things beyond our control, we give all that energy to something else!
The Bible says "do not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew: 06-34). When we worry, it takes away our power to do anything about the situation because all that energy is being spent on worrying instead.
Worry can be an addiction that is all coming. At first, worry seemed like a good thing because it was the only thing that I could rely on. worry made me feel safe, secure and in control. worry was like my best friend! But as time went on, worry started to eat away at my soul until all that was left of it were bits and pieces floating around inside this empty shell called "me."
The sad part is that even today when I am faced with difficult choices or situations, worry is still there lurking in the back of my mind. worry will never go away completely because worry is an addiction and it's hard for me to break free from this bad habit!
Worry robs us of our memory. Worry steals our peace and joy, but it also robs us of something else: our memory. worry can make us forget about things that happened in the past, or worry about what might happen in future. worry robs us from being fully present and living life to its fullest potential now!
- worry is a thief. Worry is a thief that comes in the night and steals our peace, joy, power, and memory.
When we worry about things, it's like we are living in two different worlds at the same time. We're living in the present moment, but at the same time we're living in a world of worry and fear. This is not healthy or productive!
We can't change the past, and we can't control the future, so why worry about it? When we worry, it's like we are trying to play God by taking on a role that is way beyond our capabilities.
Worrying keeps us from living fully in the moment. It robs us of joy and peace! Worry is like a thief that steals our power and leaves us feeling helpless. But, we don't have to worry anymore! We can choose to put our trust in God instead and allow Him to be in control of our lives. When we do this, worry will no longer have a hold on us!